Sunday, January 15, 2012

Questions about digital photography?

I do not have the money to have my babys picture taken for her 1st birthday, so I am going to take them myself, I have a really good digital camera and alot of software, but I am a beginner and I dont know how to achieve what I have in mind. I want the picture to look somewhat enchanted, I have a program that allows me to take a picture from one background and add it to another, I would like to have her sitting in a flower or something along the lines of that, my problem is, I cant find any backgrounds on the internet, does anyone know a website where I can get some good backgrounds? and any tips on how to make the transfer look more flawless and realistic? Thank you.

Questions about digital photography?
It sounds as though you are trying to follow in the footsteps of Anne Geddes. A great childrens photographer known for her creativity.



There are a couple ways to do this:

1. Photograph the flower yourself. Find a nice rose or dandelion in your own back yard and photograph it close up.

2. Search an image search site such as images.yahoo.com or images.google.com. Then sort them by Large. This will produce 800x600 (or larger) images at the beginning. Use specific searches like 'Close up of a rose'. Then get a little more broader if that doesn't give the results.



I don't know which programs you use, but I'll give you tips for using Photoshop.



1. Open up baby image

2. Open up background image

3. Switch to baby image

4. Using lasso tool, create rough outline

5. Switch to quick mask tool

- In quick mask tool, you notice a red selection. This will not be selected when you switch to normal view. A black paintbrush creates red a white paintbrush removes red.

5a. Using various sizes of paintbrush, refine your selection

6. Switch out of paintbrush tool

7. With items still selected, press CTRL+J

8. Hide background layer

9. Zoom in on top layer to delete any extra stuff

10. Drag new layer to background image

11. Position baby in rough location.

12. Use Transform tools (distort, perspective, free) to edit the baby to look natural

13. Open Levels tool (CTRL+L) to adjust colors to fit background color scheme



That is a rough sketch. Play with other options such as Curves and Color balance to help play with precise coloring
Reply:go to a garden and take a few flower pics, dont steal them off the net, its not right and its against the law... even if its on the web, its still copyrighted.

practice dance shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment