Thursday, January 26, 2012

Orchid leaf split in half?

I don't know anything about orchids except that they are my favorite flower. My dad bought me one and so far it has been doing very well. Today i noticed one leave has a black line right down the center and is splitting. Why??? I water and fertilize it about once a week. I use the worm poop spray, which i noticed will eat the leaves if sprayed directly on it. Is this the problem?

Orchid leaf split in half?
You need to be using an orchid or cymbidium fertisier because these plants are very diffrent to other plants, they should also be producing airial roots to take mostuer out of the air
Reply:The split in the leaf probably is not important. I wouldn't worry about it. But don't spray fertilizer directly on the leaves unless it is labeled as a foliar fertilizer which I don't think is worm poop (do you mean worm castings?). Mix orchid food with the water you use to water the plant. Follow label instructions. Orchids appreciate being sprayed, but use plain, room temperature water.

company

No comments:

Post a Comment