Friday, February 3, 2012

Grammar question!!! commas....?

For sentences like:



Into the open, the wind brushes my face,

Around the loops, I stroll with ease.

Throughout the day, the children race,

Around the flowers, they sneeze.



In the 1st and 3rd lines, is the comma at the end of the lines needed, or can I just put a period there? Also after the prepositional phrases (like "into the open", and "around the flowers"), is a comma needed there? or can the line go like this:



Into the open the wind brushes my face.



etc.





Thank you!!! Help is much appreciated!!!

Grammar question!!! commas....?
Some of those commas aren't necessary. Some of them you're using for dramatic or poetic effect (to show how it's phrased when spoken). It's really up to you, but you can say "Into the open the wind brushes my face." etc (you can use periods, or dashes).


No comments:

Post a Comment