Sunday, February 5, 2012

Flower in the Crannied Wall?

Flower in the crannied wall,



I pluck you out of the crannies,



I hold you here, root and all, in my hand,



Little flower -- but if I could understand



What you are, root and all, and all in all,



I should know what God and man is.







*This poem is very hard to understand...can you please help me INTERPRET the meaning of this poem LINE BY LINE?



It really fustrates me that I can't understand it...please don't tell me everyone has a different meaning...I KNOW there must be a general meaning...

Flower in the Crannied Wall?
Just some random thoughts.



Re-reading it you get a very good rhythm

The poet has seen a flower struggling to survive in a crack

He/ she plucks it out of curiosity

It is a miracle of life but curiosity has killed it

The writer had the power of life and death for the flower

What is life ........where does the person / flower " go " when dead

If we could understand that relationship then we might understand something about God



Hope that helps you think about the poem .....Who is it by ?

soft leather baby shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment